DISCOVER THE REGION
We recommend you 20 minutes from the cottage:
- Bourges, its cathedral, the Palais Jacques Coeur, the famous music festival "Printemps de Bourges"
- The castles of the Jacques Coeur road ...
- Charité-sur-Loire: its Priory Notre Dame, UNESCO heritage
Gien earthenware and enamels from Briare (tradition of shaping pure clay, Kaolin)
- Visit of Henrichemont founded by Sully to the glory of Henri IV
- Mehun-sur-Yèvre, capital of Charles VII during the War of 100 years
- The Vesvre Tower, in Neuvy-Deux-Clochers, imposing strong house built in the 12th century: treasure hunts, conferences, concerts ...
- The "Jurassic Tour" in the vineyards of Sancerre, to discover fossils of 200 million years, when the glacial valleys of Sancerre were under the sea!
- The potter village of La Borne
- The cathedral of Jean Linard, 'singular art', classified as a historical monument
- Visit of Guédelon, medieval castle under construction!
- Many flea markets
- Music festivals (Crezanswing in Crezancy-en-Sancerre)
- Villages Vignerons de Sancerre parties: Chavignol, Bué, Verdigny
- Wine festivals in June and August at the cellars of La Mignonne!
Athletes will not be left out:
- Walking in the vineyards on foot or by bike / mountain bike,
- Riding stables nearby
- Equestrian centers 2 km for hikes
- Course: 'The Loire by bike' along the side canal
- The Loire by canoe: last wild river of Europe, which will bring you to discover a preserved nature
- Tennis, swimming pool and golf 18 holes of Sancerre along the Loire.
-Fishing Carps in a large pound, 2kms from the house